Raftr is an open, welcoming community. It is a place to become freely involved in conversations and communities by creating content, sharing opinions, and reacting to other people’s content. It is a place for safe and respectful community engagement, not a place for bullying, harassment, shaming or the degradation of others. Let’s raise the bar.
We reserve the right to suspend or permanently ban any account that violates our Code of Conduct below. We also reserve the right to remove content that violates our Code of Conduct below.
In this document, “we”, “our”, “us”, and any other first person pronouns refer to Raftr, Inc. “You”. “your”, and any other second person pronouns refer to any user/users of Raftr products.
Third Party Links
Code of Conduct
We reserve the right to alter these rules on an ongoing basis and will keep them updated here.
Users may not use our services to:
- Promote hate speech.
- Threaten, bully or harass others or to incite others to do so. This includes targeting people on the basis of political orientation, race, ethnicity, appearance, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.
- Exploit or abuse children. If you find any such content you should report it to us immediately so that we may report to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
- Distribute explicit sexual or pornographic materials, including via links to such services or by direct upload.
- Promote or engage in illegal activities, including trafficking in illegal substances or terrorism.
- Distribute phishing scams, malicious code, malware, viruses or content that negatively impacts or impedes our infrastructure, servers, and networks.
- Promote violence.
- Access another user’s account without their consent or impersonate others.
- Publish others’ personal and/or confidential information without consent.
- Sell or advertise regulated products or services, such as health and medical devices, non-approved supplements, fireworks, drugs and alcohol, weapons, pharmaceuticals, or tobacco.
- Engage in mass solicitation or spam campaigns.
Additionally, if raft administrators are using their privileges erratically or spitefully, we may make the decision to remove them from a leadership position on the raft.
There are some legitimate uses of the platform that nonetheless test the boundary of these policies. Here are a few examples of content that may be removed if it’s not presented properly.
- Explicit content posted with an educational, documentary, news, artistic or scientific purpose. Users posting such content are strongly encouraged to include as much informative content and context as possible so other users can clearly determine the purpose of the post. Example: A photo of a woman breastfeeding an infant, with text talking about the benefits of breastfeeding over bottle feeding.
- Users offering goods or services for sale, including direct or “multi-level marketing” organizations. Such content is not permitted on general feeds, and is instead restricted to rafts dedicated to such content. Example: Advertising your services as an IT technician would not be allowed on a general raft, but would be allowed on a dedicated “Marketplace” raft..
You may report content or users that potentially violate our policies. We will review these reports and may take action as we deem appropriate, including: removing the content; restricting access to the content or putting up a warning; terminating or limiting a user’s access to our products.
Additionally, we may conduct an inquiry for other reasons not listed here, especially if there is a potential threat to the safety of anyone on the platform. If we feel that there is an emergency situation developing, we may also share user information with the university and/or emergency personnel at our discretion. Examples include discussing self harm, plans to harm others, or documenting unsafe conditions.