Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Sales will join Raftr at an integral point in the organization’s growth trajectory. This executive will be a strategic leader in shaping Raftr’s sales department, developing an action-oriented sales team and driving scalable and repeatable sales processes. The Head of Sales will have responsibility for direct sales (mostly telesales), channel partnerships, client retention, lead generation, pipeline management, and sales forecasting. This position will recruit and manage a multidisciplinary sales team through a period of rapid growth, building incentive compensation and enablement strategies to retain top-tier talent. In addition, this executive will leverage existing client relationships to inform and advise collateral build and go-to-market strategy for legacy and new product offerings.
Raftr is an authenticated communication platform for universities with solutions for Orientation, Student Engagement, Residential Life, and Admissions, accessible via iOS, Android, and Web. Our mission is to realize the power of belonging by creating a more vibrant and connected community experience.
Raftr helps universities that have invested in expensive, complex systems , engage the broader student body.
By implementing a social-based platform, IT leaders, club leaders, advisors, teachers, and coaches have immediate student reach and content policing tools. Administrators can help students stay well informed with access to the right events and co-curricular activities. Thus, students are more connected to their campus whether virtual or on campus.
As an account executive, you will directly impact our vision and mission of helping students succeed by partnering with other leaders and functions throughout the company to generate revenue. This full-time position reports to the CEO and your primary objectives will be to:
- Act as a leader in Raftr’s sales organization and support the company’s overall growth strategy, including expansion of new and existing clients and forming strategic partnerships to accelerate revenue.
- Capture customer feedback and communicate to Raftr’s team, collaborating around product innovation to address existing and new market opportunities
- Function as a deal driver and deal shaper; identify, construct, negotiate, and close complex contract arrangements
- Responsible for increasing the customer base, customer loyalty, revenue per customer and top-line financial growth for the business
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong decision maker-level relationships
In this role, you will frequently have conversations with senior leaders at HigherEd institutions about their goals and objectives when it comes to student success, retention, engagement, and mental health. You must be comfortable with and excited to help these leaders shape the future of the college experience.
Our core values guide how we operate:
Students First - Raftr exists to improve student success.
Team First - Our team here at Raftr is made up of passionate, hardworking people who support, care for, and challenge each other to achieve wins together.
Have a willingness to learn - We are looking for intellectually curious people who never stop learning and growing and who embrace change, which is essential at a constantly evolving tech company.
Be an innovator - To be successful at Raftr, you will need to be self-motivated and have the confidence to act in an empowered manner.
- 2+ years in the software sales space as an Account Executive
- Consistent track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as an individual contributor
- Action-oriented leader who self-starts and motivates others; executive who enjoys thinking about things in new ways and executing accordingly; thrives in a high-growth environment
- Proven experience executing large, complex, deals, and long-term client partnerships, ideally with a variety of higher education stakeholders
Individuals who are most successful in this role will live our values and will have expertise in the following areas:
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and organization
- Active listening and curiosity
- Grit and persistence
If you’re looking to make an impact and join a stellar team, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com